Heavy Weight Drill Pipe (HWDP)
Our Heavy Weight Drill Pipe (HWDP) offers a gradual transition from heavy, rigid drill collars to the more flexible drill pipe which helps to reduce the number of fatigue failures seen directly above the Bottom Hole Assembly (BHA).
We offer heavy weight in 3.1/2″, 4″, 5″ and 5.1/2″ consisting of hard banded tool joints and raised wear pads on central upsets to optimize wear resistance.
We offer two types of HWDP configurations; Standard HWDP and Spiral HWDP.
- Prevents stress concentration and allows directional drilling with controlled torque and reduces differential pressure sticking.
Designed to handle maximum stresses induced at harsh drilling environments in vertical and directional wells.
- Shares many of the same features from the Standard HWDP.
- Better reduction in differential sticking
- Increased weight and stiffness
- Minimizes wear
- Improves cutting circulation for better hole cleaning
Our preferred applications of hard banding for drill pipe tool joints and BHA components (HWDP, Drill Collars) are ARNCO 350XT or Duraband ® NC, both NS-1 certified; which are not only designed to protect the drill pipe from wearing but also to protect the casing. We use a robotic welding system for hardbanding drill pipe.
Visit ARNCO’s website for more information on 150XT and 350XT hardbanding products. http://www.hardbanding.com
Visit Hardbanding Solutions by Postle Industries website for more information on
Duraband ® NC. http://hardbandingsolutions.com/postle/duraband.php