Our 4-7.0 CRTi’s manufactured by Volant are designed for casing drilling or running with top drive equipped rigs to enable makeup, breakout, reciprocate, rotate, fill/circulate, and cement casing and liner strings, reducing non-productive time and associated costs.
Our Internal Grip Casing Running Tools (CRTi) parameters include:
- Casing Size Range: 20” – 7” Casing
- Rated Load Capacity 420 ton
- Set Down Load Capacity 110 ton
- Typical Circulation Pressure Limit 5000 psi
- Maximum flow Rate 660 GPM
- Through Hole 1.5”
- Combined Load High Torque 50,000 ft/lbs @ 200 Ton. 30,000 ft/lbs @ 300 Ton
- Tool Overall Length 72”
TRADITIONAL CASING RUNNING METHODS VS CASING RUNNING TOOLS
- Traditional casing running methods are accompanied by:
- Power tongs
- Casing elevators/handling equipment
- Fill up/circulation tools
- Numerous people to operate and handle all equipment
- Logistic challenges for equipment and personnel
- Planned and unplanned NPT (Non Productive Time)
- Intensive maintenance and certification requirements
- Opportunities for numerous pieces of equipment to break down
- Our internal grip Casing Running Tools removes complex processes, requiring less equipment and manpower
- Simplifying operating procedures, offering improved safety and more productive time
HOW IS THE VOLANT CRT DIFFERENT THAN OTHER CRT’S USED IN OUR INDUSTRY?
- 100% Mechanical, controlled by the Driller via the Top Drive
- Threads onto the quill of any top drive
- NO external control panel, NO external HPU or connections
- Closely imitating the make and break steps used to run drill pipe-stab, right hand rotation to engage and left hand rotation to disengage, this mechanically activated tool puts control in the hands of the driller using Top Drive controls.
- Compact tool design allows for rig bails to be used
- Safety enhanced through elimination of extra drilling and service personnel from the rig floor.
- Removes the need for extra equipment on the rig floor.
- Mechanical interlock is failsafe and protects against accidental and unintentional release.
- Fewer resources are needed to transport equipment, which in turn reduces the carbon footprint and environmental impact.
- Efficient design is small, lightweight, and robust with very few moving parts.
- Easy to transport and store with minimal requirements for maintenance and service.
- Fully mechanical operation with no external control panel or HPU, eliminating the need for hydraulic or pneumatic connections.
- Driller is in full control of the CRTi.
- Option to monitor and record torque with a wireless torque sub (Premium Connections)
- Simple to operate and significantly reduces rig-in and rig-out time.
- Existing bails, extensions and link tilts used for pipe handling on v-door rigs.
- Reduces the risk of stuck pipe and improves runability by providing on-demand functions, including hoist, circulation, rotation, reciprocation, fill-up, and pushdown capabilities.
- No need to rig-in auxiliary equipment.
- Reduces scheduled and non-
scheduled non-productive time (NPT) during tubular running operations.
- Allows you to fill pipe on the fly.